5 Essential Things to do in a Bear Market
I had written 2 posts in March 2020 headlined “Embrace the Bear” and “Embrace the Bear – Part II”. While these are excellent (based on what readers told me) and relevant posts even today, I thought of sharing some essential wisdom in a Nano format.
- Go on a Media Fast. There will be plenty of garbage circulating now. Acting on such pessimism might seem like the right thing to do but it will be injurious to your long-term financial health.
- If you are getting anxious, revisit your investment policy or plan with your financial professional. Read this Nick Murray quote again (I have shared this before) – “All Successful investing is goal focused and planning driven. All failed investing is market focused and event driven.”
- Stay Invested.
- Continue your Monthly Investments.
- Keep Buying if you have Surplus money.
While I said 5, the next one is the mother of all these 5.
- Never Forget these 5 Essential Things.
Your success as an investor is a function of how well you do these 6 essential things.